RitwikVersionOnePointZero

This is the personal blog of Ritwik Agrawal. I was a student of mathematics at Hindu College (University of Delhi), an activist with the United Students group and a co-founder of the popular cricket games site PlanetCricket.net - the largest site of its kind in the world. I now blog at http://www.ritwikagrawal.com

RitwikVersionOnePointZero

Thursday, November 09, 2006

First things first

This - my first post on my new blog will hopefully herald many more, straight from the heart postings. I would use this first post to explain why I finally decided to get a blog, why this blog has been named the way it has, and what all I would like to share with you (my not-so-esteemed readers :)) through this wonderful medium.

I know it is very very late in the day for any self respecting netizen to start their FIRST blog in November 2006. Yet, here I am, both self respecting and a bona fide netizen, finally waking upto the reality of blogging (One of my friends would say "Good morning!" at this stage :)). Well, my way of looking at it is that once again I have proved how different, original and innovative I can be :)

On the surface, there's no particular reason that I finally decided to "take the plunge", so to speak. But I had this idea of starting a blog in my head for quite sometime now, since I was excited at the possibilities it provided in 1.) letting one organize and express their thoughts, 2.) develop and evolve one's writing style (of course for such a thing to happen it is paramount that blogs are not written in sms-speak :)), and 3.) influence others (and be influenced as well) in far off places in a regular and systematic manner. Whatever you might be thinking, the fact that Google Adsense allows you to earn money through affiliate advertising on blogs was NOT one of the reasons I decided to get into this game :p

As far as the nomenclature goes, I think RitwikVersionOnePointZero should be self explanatory (by now at least), since I am called Ritwik and this is my first blog, hence the version number.

Coming to the sort of content this blog will carry: since this is a personal blog I will not like myself to be
restricted in talking about anything and everything I wish. For obvious reasons, these would be things in which I am interested in, but the reader needn't worry on this count, as I have quite a variety of interests, and if a little perserverence is shown (which you are already showing my friend, to read uptil here :)) then I am sure that I can touch upon topics that would interest most people. More than that, I would endeavour to give my own, hopefully original take on such issues.

All comments are most welcome. I will not delete or hide ANY comment unless it is totally unrelated to the subject of the post (for eg, an advertisement for ever-effective viagara in a topic about affirmative action, although it might be interesting and maybe eventually profitable to attempt to link the two!).

Cheers!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well.this was the blog I was waiting to read...Hmmm...U dint disappoint me at all! U are not called Statesman for nothing u know! Lets get some insight into something besides politics yaar!Nice layout though! Keep it up fellow blogger!!!!!!!

11/15/2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger Ritwik Agrawal said...

Aldeena - thanks for all the compliments. I promise you won't have to wait long before gaining some "insights" into topics other than reservation. Finally someone appreciated the work I did on the template (more than 4 hours!) to come up with what I consider to be a half-way decent design.

PS: All your compliments might go to my head and cause me to publish some of the really bad songs I've written, therey leaving me open to ridicule :shudders

11/15/2006 5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please go ahead and put in all ur bad songs...vil surely comment...I'm sure it wont b half as bad as my "morbid" poems!

11/15/2006 6:09 PM  
Blogger Ritwik Agrawal said...

Comparing your poems to my songs is like comparing the lyrics of Blue with Nirvana. I cite this example only to give an idea of the vast difference in their quality - not that I write as well as Blue or even that you write as well as Cobain (yet :))

11/15/2006 6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! Thank u sir!!!!!!!

11/15/2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger ishita said...

ok, is the person whom u referred to as sayin good morning, me? and i hope u were "influenced" by me to start the blog! lol. hmm..... seems like i m pontificating about myself in your blog, well readers this is what happens when you come under the collective company of the megastar and the statesman

11/15/2006 8:40 PM  
Blogger ishita said...

ok, is the person whom u referred to as sayin good morning, me? and i hope u were "influenced" by me to start the blog! lol. hmm..... seems like i m pontificating about myself in your blog, well readers this is what happens when you come under the collective company of the megastar and the statesman

11/15/2006 8:41 PM  
Blogger Ritwik Agrawal said...

Finally ~! I was waiting for you to get the "good morning" reference. Well at least you're reading my posts carefully, that is quite an honour in itself :)

R

11/15/2006 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home